Monday 7 March 2011

Crocodiles!

Alligators

At first I thought these were alligators but I didn't know the difference between alligators and crocodiles and I just read that alligators are only native to America and China so I guess these must be crocodiles as they were in Africa!

They are a reptile and live near water and are thought to be over 200 million years old!! which means yep they survived whatever killed the dinosaurs! So it is probably true what they say "never smile at a crocodile!" because they have probably seen a lot! Crocodiles are very dangerous to people but this doesn't stop some people from killing them for their skin and even to eat their meat! We were at a very safe distance from these crocodiles on our trip… in fact I was one of the only people to spot them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment